– Last night I had a dream that I went to my old school and everyone ignored me and was so mean. I know why I dreamt about it too. I am heading to the town my school is in today and I made sure to look up their last day of school. It’s today. Probably not the best day to visit. Plus, I know some of the teachers are mad at me still for quitting. It’s pretty sad. I want to see everyone so bad because I miss them but I let the fear of awkwardness take over and I end up not going.
– I have finally been working on updating some of my TPT products for the upcoming year. One of my big ones that I am suuuuuuper excited about is an EDITABLE TEACHING PLANNER! Eek! I have had a regular planner in my store for a while now and it did okay. Now though…. EDITABLE! I am SO excited! It’s almost done!!!!!!!!
– Working on this stuff and studying standards makes me get the ache. The ache to be back in the classroom. I’m not going to lie, after my horrible dream last night I laid in bed and actually thought about returning. Thought about what our days would be like if I returned to work. I immediately realized that returning would be horrible. If the school was right down the road then maybe I would be able to work it out….MAYBE… but 40 minutes away? Yeah, no. Not only that but I know I would regret going back. There were so many things that I was ready to leave behind when I quit. It’s like getting back into an old relationship. When you are missing someone you only reminisce about the good times. Then when you get back with them, you realize and remember all the reasons you left them. I think that’s where I am with teaching right now.
– All of that wondering about returning lit a fire under my booty to spend a lot more time with my TPT gig. I don’t know where I am going to find this time but I am going to try dang it!
– Our weeds outside are getting to the point where they are almost embarrassing. I am looking at them now and ughhhh I hate weeds. I would rather spring clean this house ten times than go pull a few weeds. Does anyone else feel the same? I also JUST pulled weeds it seems. They are the bane of my existence.
– So is the 100+ degree weather we are having. I am dreaming of autumn days already.
– I have also been dreaming of purging stuff lately. We have so much clutter in this house. We just moved in last year and we are already growing out of it. I need to get rid of stuff STAT but the inner hoarder in me can’t let things go. It’s a vicious cycle my friends.
– I have all of these dreams and goals and instead of working on them I am found making lists of what I want to do. I need to be working on how to be a go-getter.
– My BFF comes to town next week and I am beyoooonnnnnd excited! We usually just end up being lazy together but it is the best ever. I can’t wait!!!
That’s all for today! I will check later to see if the link for the other blog works and I will update with her info 🙂