Although I am a little late, I definitely wanted to join in on this link up! One, because I thought I should share some of my who-am-I’s with you and two, I want to start meeting y’all! So lets get started:
This link up comes from Amy:
1. I am a Harry Potter fanatic. Not just a I’ve-read-the-books-and-loved-them fan but a everything-related-to-HP-OBSESSED fan. I have a Nook book set, hard back set, paper back set and British set and I never get tired of reading them! I think I have a problem.
2. Now, if I wasn’t enough of a Harry Potter fan, I definitely am when it comes to Disney. Classic Disney. I have a mild obsession with Walt Disney (the man) and have read most of his biographies. I LOVE to collect old Mickey Mouse stuff. If I could have a whole room decorated in classic 1920s Disney, I would.
Have I scared you off yet? 🙂 (hey I am a kinder teacher, I am allowed to be weird and quirky)
3. Teaching kindergarten was my absolute dream job and I thank my lucky stars every day that I landed it on my first try. Teaching children how to read is one of THE MOST rewarding experiences. Kinder is SUCH an important year for children so I take pride and extreme seriousness in my job.
4. I married the man of my dreams in March. Seriously, we are perfect for each other. We are both home-bodies, don’t drink, and love having a simple life. We love traveling together and rarely ever fight. Even though we are so alike, we are also different enough to keep things fun! I love him! Meet my main squeeze, Mr. Wright 🙂
5. I don’t talk about this one much because it still bothers me but I am going to because it is a big part of my teaching. I was picked on in school from elementary school all through high school for being white. I went to a school in El Paso that was predominantly Hispanic and there were only a few white students. I was made fun of for this and I still don’t know why. I vowed that I would NEVER EVER let any sort of bullying happen in my classroom. We would treat everyone as a family and nothing less. So far, it has done wonders for behavior in my classroom. I will not let a child be picked on if I can help it. 6. I now teach for the same school district that all of that happened in. 7. I stutter when I get nervous or have to many thoughts in my head and I can’t get them out or speak correctly. Not a lot of people know that because I don’t point it out to people. Most people just think I jumble my words or can’t pronounce things correctly. If I have to talk in front of a lot of people, then you know for sure that its a stutter problem. It definitely isn’t close to being bad enough to make me go get a speech lesson but it is still there. 8. On my days off, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sitting in my pajamas and watching the Today show while drinking way too much coffee. Having my nook in hand to read while commercials are on makes for a perfect morning. 9. Target is my drug. I love going just to walk around and look at things which usually ends in me bringing something home that we don’t necessarily need. If I have a really bad day at work (which we all know happens from time to time) I go there and it makes it all better. 10. If I could marry my DVR I probably would. I record everything that I watch throughout the week and love to watch them over the weekend. ESPECIALLY Real Housewives of New Jersey. Ugh, I am obsessed. I love watching TV but as y’all know, its close to impossible throughout the week because of work and being so tired. DVR saves my sanity sometimes! Love it.
Well I hope y’all learned a little something about me. I loved reading about some of you!
FREE Social Skills lesson for Behavior Management Success
After subscribing, your lesson plan will be sent to you by email.
Signing up will also give you access to more classroom management tips and freebies.