Although I am a little late, I definitely wanted to join in on this link up! One, because I thought I should share some of my who-am-I’s with you and two, I want to start meeting y’all! So lets get started:
This link up comes from Amy:
1. I am a Harry Potter fanatic. Not just a I’ve-read-the-books-and-loved-them fan but a everything-related-to-HP-OBSESSED fan. I have a Nook book set, hard back set, paper back set and British set and I never get tired of reading them! I think I have a problem.
2. Now, if I wasn’t enough of a Harry Potter fan, I definitely am when it comes to Disney. Classic Disney. I have a mild obsession with Walt Disney (the man) and have read most of his biographies. I LOVE to collect old Mickey Mouse stuff. If I could have a whole room decorated in classic 1920s Disney, I would.
Have I scared you off yet? 🙂 (hey I am a kinder teacher, I am allowed to be weird and quirky)
3. Teaching kindergarten was my absolute dream job and I thank my lucky stars every day that I landed it on my first try. Teaching children how to read is one of THE MOST rewarding experiences. Kinder is SUCH an important year for children so I take pride and extreme seriousness in my job.
4. I married the man of my dreams in March. Seriously, we are perfect for each other. We are both home-bodies, don’t drink, and love having a simple life. We love traveling together and rarely ever fight. Even though we are so alike, we are also different enough to keep things fun! I love him! Meet my main squeeze, Mr. Wright 🙂
5. I don’t talk about this one much because it still bothers me but I am going to because it is a big part of my teaching. I was picked on in school from elementary school all through high school for being white. I went to a school in El Paso that was predominantly Hispanic and there were only a few white students. I was made fun of for this and I still don’t know why. I vowed that I would NEVER EVER let any sort of bullying happen in my classroom. We would treat everyone as a family and nothing less. So far, it has done wonders for behavior in my classroom. I will not let a child be picked on if I can help it. 6. I now teach for the same school district that all of that happened in. 7. I stutter when I get nervous or have to many thoughts in my head and I can’t get them out or speak correctly. Not a lot of people know that because I don’t point it out to people. Most people just think I jumble my words or can’t pronounce things correctly. If I have to talk in front of a lot of people, then you know for sure that its a stutter problem. It definitely isn’t close to being bad enough to make me go get a speech lesson but it is still there. 8. On my days off, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sitting in my pajamas and watching the Today show while drinking way too much coffee. Having my nook in hand to read while commercials are on makes for a perfect morning. 9. Target is my drug. I love going just to walk around and look at things which usually ends in me bringing something home that we don’t necessarily need. If I have a really bad day at work (which we all know happens from time to time) I go there and it makes it all better. 10. If I could marry my DVR I probably would. I record everything that I watch throughout the week and love to watch them over the weekend. ESPECIALLY Real Housewives of New Jersey. Ugh, I am obsessed. I love watching TV but as y’all know, its close to impossible throughout the week because of work and being so tired. DVR saves my sanity sometimes! Love it.
Well I hope y’all learned a little something about me. I loved reading about some of you!