I took a little break from everything when we went to California last week. I was determined to not do anything work-wise. I was soooo excited for a break from it all but let me tell ya, I was BORED. I am used to keeping busy and the first day was a really nice break but after that, I wanted to get back into my routine pretty badly. Not to mention, Lacey and I got pretty sick while out there. This was the first time I was really excited about getting home. Being away from home with a sick toddler who just wants HER bed is really hard.
So to kick it off we are sharing our New Year’s goals. This year I am pretty serious about them and I am going to work VERY hard at being goal oriented. I have seen some people come up with a word for the year to help their mind set. Mine is:
I need some desperate help with this. I am so bad at getting side tracked. Yesterday I failed miserably and was so angry with myself for not getting more done. If I was focused I would have. Anyhoo, it is a work in progress and hopefully as the year goes on, I will get better.
While in California I started working on my business goals and it got me excited for the year ahead.
While I wont share everything on my list, here are a few I jotted down:
* Finish an online TPT Course that will help drive sales
* Sign up and begin Kelli Alaina’s Stand Out Brand Camp
* Have 90+ products in my store
* Have more education-rich content posts.
* Analyze my stats bi-monthly
* Better at marketing
* Make it to the TPT Conference. Due to the possible spoiler of venue, I don’t think it is possible BUT until it is official I will continue chanting “please be in Texas, please be in Texas, please be in Texas!”
* Write everything down. EVERYTHING.
* Have more patience…. I tend to get frustrated easily then shut down mentally.
* Wash my face NIGHTLY. I actually have decent skin when I make it a habit. Then I slack (like when I was in Cali) and my face reverts back to its 15 year-old-self. Yuck.
* Use essential oils more than just aromatically. I use them aromatically ALL THE TIME. I have a ton of oils and I can honestly say when I use them topically or internally I feel better. It is just not a habit of mine so I forget. I am going to make it a habit this year. I am even going as far to make some daily house cleaners out of them. I regularly use 409 to clean and sometimes when I breathe it in, I go into a coughing fit. Usually I don’t think anything about it but I actually got worried the last time I used it. I think I will still need it when I do a deep clean but for everyday use? No. It is time for a healthier option.
* Do a load of laundry every other day. When I do this it gets done SO FAST and so much easier than when I used to do all the laundry in the house one day out of the week.
* Take Lacey to the park and on walks more on warmer days. I like being a homebody and am totally content inside all day. Lacey loves being outside and I feel like such a bad mom sometimes.
* Work more with Lacey education-wise. We usually just play all day which I know is great learning in itself but I can do more with basics like numbers, colors, and vocabulary I think.
* Meal plan weekly.
* Limit my LuLaRoe purchases. It’s a problem y’all.
* Save 30% of my earnings.
* Write in my Lacey journal more. I started a journal a few months after she was born just to write little things about her that I loved or thought would benefit her when she becomes a mom. I am terrified of ever forgetting anything about the cute and perfect little things about her. My plans are to give her this journal when she becomes a mom.
Well, there ya have it! All of my goals for 2017! Cheers to a very happy and successful year for everyone!!!
Sign up for my newsletter
After subscribing, your free lesson plan will be sent to you by email. Signing up will also give you access to more classroom management tips and freebies.