I took a little break from everything when we went to California last week. I was determined to not do anything work-wise. I was soooo excited for a break from it all but let me tell ya, I was BORED. I am used to keeping busy and the first day was a really nice break but after that, I wanted to get back into my routine pretty badly. Not to mention, Lacey and I got pretty sick while out there. This was the first time I was really excited about getting home. Being away from home with a sick toddler who just wants HER bed is really hard.
So to kick it off we are sharing our New Year’s goals. This year I am pretty serious about them and I am going to work VERY hard at being goal oriented. I have seen some people come up with a word for the year to help their mind set. Mine is:
I need some desperate help with this. I am so bad at getting side tracked. Yesterday I failed miserably and was so angry with myself for not getting more done. If I was focused I would have. Anyhoo, it is a work in progress and hopefully as the year goes on, I will get better.
While in California I started working on my business goals and it got me excited for the year ahead.
While I wont share everything on my list, here are a few I jotted down:
* Finish an online TPT Course that will help drive sales
* Sign up and begin Kelli Alaina’s Stand Out Brand Camp
* Have 90+ products in my store
* Have more education-rich content posts.
* Analyze my stats bi-monthly
* Better at marketing
* Make it to the TPT Conference. Due to the possible spoiler of venue, I don’t think it is possible BUT until it is official I will continue chanting “please be in Texas, please be in Texas, please be in Texas!”
* Write everything down. EVERYTHING.
* Have more patience…. I tend to get frustrated easily then shut down mentally.
* Wash my face NIGHTLY. I actually have decent skin when I make it a habit. Then I slack (like when I was in Cali) and my face reverts back to its 15 year-old-self. Yuck.
* Use essential oils more than just aromatically. I use them aromatically ALL THE TIME. I have a ton of oils and I can honestly say when I use them topically or internally I feel better. It is just not a habit of mine so I forget. I am going to make it a habit this year. I am even going as far to make some daily house cleaners out of them. I regularly use 409 to clean and sometimes when I breathe it in, I go into a coughing fit. Usually I don’t think anything about it but I actually got worried the last time I used it. I think I will still need it when I do a deep clean but for everyday use? No. It is time for a healthier option.
* Do a load of laundry every other day. When I do this it gets done SO FAST and so much easier than when I used to do all the laundry in the house one day out of the week.
* Take Lacey to the park and on walks more on warmer days. I like being a homebody and am totally content inside all day. Lacey loves being outside and I feel like such a bad mom sometimes.
* Work more with Lacey education-wise. We usually just play all day which I know is great learning in itself but I can do more with basics like numbers, colors, and vocabulary I think.
* Meal plan weekly.
* Limit my LuLaRoe purchases. It’s a problem y’all.
* Save 30% of my earnings.
* Write in my Lacey journal more. I started a journal a few months after she was born just to write little things about her that I loved or thought would benefit her when she becomes a mom. I am terrified of ever forgetting anything about the cute and perfect little things about her. My plans are to give her this journal when she becomes a mom.
Well, there ya have it! All of my goals for 2017! Cheers to a very happy and successful year for everyone!!!